Task Force 141 is expecting you to report for duty up to a week before the official launch of Modern Warfare II. Are you up for the challenge?
This intel has been verified: Anyone who preorders a digital edition of Modern Warfare II will receive early Campaign access in addition to a host of other previously announced rewards. This grants you up to a week to complete the incredible multimission, single-player, globe-trotting operation before the full game launches on October 28. Preorder the game here.
Familiar heroes return and new allies are formed as Task Force 141 faces its greatest threat yet — a newly aligned menace with deep, yet unknown connections.
This Campaign features missions in Europe, Asia, and the Americas, and is set to be an incredible experience on numerous levels: offshore sieges with underwater combat, all-out explosive assaults from 30,000 feet above enemy strongholds, and high-stakes, low-profile stealth missions in both plain sight and under the cover of darkness. For more information on the game, click here.
As well as gaining early access to the Modern Warfare II Campaign, there’s free content you can use right now in Call of Duty®: Vanguard and Call of Duty®: Warzone™. You also get Beta Early Access and content available in Modern Warfare II at launch, just for preordering the game. For a full rundown, check out this blog. Here’s a quick list of what you can claim:
Preorder Modern Warfare II to receive:
- Up to one week early access to the full Modern Warfare II Campaign, starting October 20(1).
- Access to the full game on October 28.
- Open Beta Early Access(2).
- Final Judgement Bundle(3): Immediate access to the Legendary “Deathknell” Operator Skin and the Legendary “Bloodthirsty” Weapon Blueprint for use in Vanguard and Warzone.
Preorder the Vault Edition of Modern Warfare II to receive:
- All previously listed rewards.
- Red Team 141: Four playable Multiplayer Operators — Ghost, Farah, Price, and Soap — each wearing a special masked outfit, which will be available during the Open Beta.
- FJX Cinder Weapon Vault(4): At Call of Duty: Next, we plan to share more details on this and the new Gunsmith, which will also be available during the Open Beta.
- Season One Battle Pass and 50 Tier Skips(5): If you purchase the Vault Edition after Season One, the free Battle Pass and Tier Skips apply to the current season.
- Ghost Legacy Pack(6): 20+ free items celebrating the Task Force 141 icon, for Modern Warfare® (2019) and Warzone, unlocked upon pre-purchase.
Remember your preorder also entitles you to experience early access to the future of Call of Duty Multiplayer combat. The Modern Warfare II Open Beta will be free across all platforms and split into two playable Weekends. Early access is available for those with either digital or retail preorders:
Beta is coming! An upcoming beta weekend will be available on Steam, and is scheduled to run from Thursday, September 22 at 10 AM PT to Monday, September 26 at 10 AM PT. Crossplay will be active, allowing you to party with friends and the greater community, no matter what hardware they play on.
Mark your calendars for September 15, 2022: Expect a massive intel drop regarding the immediate future of Call of Duty during the Call of Duty: Next franchise showcase event! Expect many more details regarding Modern Warfare II, information on the next Call of Duty: Warzone, and more on the mobile version of Call of Duty: Warzone (also known as Project Aurora). This multi-hour event also features a full Modern Warfare II Multiplayer reveal; a multitude of your favorite streamers at the event, playing the games in real time; and [[REDACTED]] information and surprises! Need more details? Click here.
(1) One week based on estimated access; actual play time subject to possible outages and applicable time zone differences.
(2) Actual platform availability and launch date(s) of MP Beta subject to change. See www.callofduty.com/beta for more details. Minimum Open Beta duration is 2 days. Limited time only, while Early Access Beta Codes last, at participating retailers. Online multiplayer subscription may be required.
(3) Call of Duty: Modern Warfare II on preorder platform required to redeem Final Judgement Bundle. Sold/downloaded separately.
(4) Weapon Vault design limited to Weapon Vault contents at launch.
(5) Battle Pass and Tier Skips, or equivalent versions, will be accessible in Modern Warfare II once the Season 1 Battle Pass, or equivalent system, is made available in-game. Battle Pass redemption applies to one season of Modern Warfare II Battle Pass, or equivalent system, only.
(6) Call of Duty®: Modern Warfare® / Call of Duty®: Warzone™ required to redeem Ghost Legacy Pack. Sold/downloaded separately. Must be redeemed by October 28, 2023. All pre-purchase customers are eligible to receive Ghost Legacy Pack rewards at a later date. However, Modern Warfare® (2019) and Warzone are not available on Steam. For more details, please visit the Call of Duty® FAQ.
A mobile phone number must be linked to your Steam Account to play Modern Warfare® II.
© 2019-2022 Activision Publishing, Inc. ACTIVISION, CALL OF DUTY, CALL OF DUTY VANGUARD, CALL OF DUTY WARZONE, MODERN WARFARE, CALL OF DUTY LEAGUE, the CALL OF DUTY LEAGUE logo, and WARZONE are trademarks of Activision Publishing, Inc. All other trademarks and trade names are the properties of their respective owners.