Good joke, Amazon, but it’s time to bring stagger back – #163 by jimmybolt – Game Feedback

Home » Emner » Gameserver » New World » Good joke, Amazon, but it’s time to bring stagger back – #163 by jimmybolt – Game Feedback
  • Forfatter
    gaminggeek
    Keymaster

That’s been my thoughts too. Either marketing or an executive somewhere panicked when they got some bad press (especially from Asmongold, who I’d never heard of prior and now, well, best not to speak of my opinion of him) and forced a change.

That would explain why the changes (stagger remove, sprinting not costing stamina, no more shared cooldowns) all feel so rushed. It feels like the dev team weren’t considering any changes (which makes sense given how long the system had been in place) and had to scramble to throw something together.

So what we got was the removal of stagger, limited running, limited cooldowns and no actual changes to the rest of combat to balance it out. There just wasn’t enough time to both completely rewrite the combat system as well as make all the planned changes.

I feel this is why tanking also seems half baked. With the old system, you didn’t need magical tank taunting powers. You just got between the enemy and your squishies and used your abilities and stagger to keep them off the healers/ranged.

Source link

Viser 1 indlæg (af 1 i alt)
  • Du skal være logget ind for at svare på dette indlæg.
Tryk enter for at søke eller ESC for at lukke
ajax-loader