High tier crafting requires too many low tier materials – #35 by DrunkMastodon – Game Feedback

Home » Emner » Gameserver » New World » High tier crafting requires too many low tier materials – #35 by DrunkMastodon – Game Feedback
  • Forfatter
    gaminggeek
    Keymaster

I’ve certainly felt the pain and distaste behind this thread, so I’m not wholly against it. To be fair to the system though:

This is supposed to be a driving force behind the player economy, in that the high level crafter making that “Dark Sky” is not supposed to be mining their own ore. They’re supposed to buy it.

In some other mmos, the player economy is facilitated by players not being allowed to use every trade skill in the first place. The blacksmith may be unable to mine, period, and therefor have to buy ore from miners who aren’t smith’s.

In New World they chose to let you do everything, but still want to facilitate an economy, so they made all the trades so intensive to make people not do them all even though they can.

As a high level crafter the expectation is that you use trading posts to buy most of your materials from gatherers who don’t want to do the crafting trade you’re doing. Then you sell the things you make to people who won’t make them, which includes the same gatherers you bought the materials from. Not to mention that some of the iron you bought would come from a low level who can’t mine anything but iron, has no crafting options, and is trying to earn their first bits of money by selling their excess iron they have no use for.

Source link

Viser 1 indlæg (af 1 i alt)
  • Du skal være logget ind for at svare på dette indlæg.
Tryk enter for at søke eller ESC for at lukke
ajax-loader