[Megathread] Server Transfer Questions Megathread – #474 by Jaysoo – General Discussion

Home » Emner » Gameserver » New World » [Megathread] Server Transfer Questions Megathread – #474 by Jaysoo – General Discussion
  • Forfatter
    gaminggeek
    Keymaster

I’m sorry, but no. If you aren’t sure of the outcome then please make sure to consider how your messaging towards your community is created. There is a great difference in the messaging that was delivered to the community.

If the statement mentioned was

while we cannot guarantee, we are looking into allowing transfers to a different server at no cost

It would imply that this was not a guarantee but something being looked into; however, you gave the following statements

we’ll offer an opportunity in the next two weeks for all players to relocate their characters to a new server of their choice at no cost

We are also working hard on a feature that will allow you to transfer your character to a different server, so if you choose one now just get up and playing, you can make a different choice later to play on a server with your friends.

And furthermore, your social media staff replied to a response made by one of the players asking about regional transfers with the following statement:

Yes, you can move between regions if you want.

None of these statements clarifies that the “server” is region-specific. When such a statement was given it was taken as a promise to the community. With this type of statement, it is much harder to back out of it, especially for an online service title where hours spent are valuable to the player.

You basically gave a false statement/promise, and this is why everyone who listened, including myself, is disappointed.

While I believe your team may be looking into the possibility of regional transfers, now that this blew up, the statement made here is limited to those who follow these forums. As a dev/community, I feel you should mention this message or at least link to this thread on your New World client/launcher and through social media so others who aren’t aware of the situation are updated.

Source link

Viser 1 indlæg (af 1 i alt)
  • Du skal være logget ind for at svare på dette indlæg.
Tryk enter for at søke eller ESC for at lukke
ajax-loader