New World Update 1.6.3 downtime will begin at 11:00PM PT (6:00AM UTC) on August 16 and includes fixes to musical performances.
- Fixed an issue that caused weapon projectiles to disappear when either attacking a target that was close in proximity or hitting certain types of ground.
- Fixed an issue that caused Surgeon’s Ring, Keepsake of the Divines, Isabella’s Amulet, Forgotten Vow, and Fanciful Earring to not allow players to replace gems. Gem swapping is now permissible for these items.
- Fixed an issue that caused the Deep Earring to use the incorrect perk. New versions of this item should now have the “Refreshing Toast” perk as intended.
- Fixed an issue that caused Gypsum Casts to ignore newer Expertise bump values. These items now grant higher Expertise rating bumps per use.
- Fixed an issue that caused players to get stuck if they teleported or if the server crashed during a musical performance.
- Reduced the XP curve for the Musical Instrument Trade Skill, lowering the total time it takes to level up.
- Tipping performers now uses the secondary interaction hotkey (default ‘T’) rather than the primary interaction hotkey (default ‘E’), standardizing key use for performances.
- Fixed an issue that caused sound effects to not play when dispersing Maudlinbug swarms.
- Fixed an issue that caused event Town Projects to not register as complete after a world restart, which prevented several town bestowments from upgrading to the next tier.
- Fixed an issue that caused the Medleyfaire Wind Sock furniture item reward to display without said wind sock.
- Additional server and client performance optimizations.
Barnacles & Black Powder
- Fixed an issue that caused an invincibility bug with the Nereid’s Rend debuff. Now that it has been fixed, this debuff will also be re-enabled.
- Light Armor rewards from this Expedition should now always drop in the intended Gear Score range of 500 – 600.
Thanks for your support! We’ll see you in Aeternum.